Laser Hair Removal
Posted on Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 at 8:20 am
There are certain things in life that make you feel good; make you want to turn the music up in the car and dance the whole way home. On Friday I got my hair done, and I LOVE it! It put me in such a good mood. I wanted to celebrate how it made me feel. Maybe the older you get in life the more the small things grow in importance and significance and I have reached the age where a great cut and color is the highlight of my week. Or maybe when you look good you really do feel good. Whatever the reason, I know that my mood can go from great to dancing in the streets after a good haircut, massage, date-night, or filler. That’s the real reason I get Botox, laser, invest in skin care, color my hair, get a pedicure, shop the new styles and try new make-up. We want to look good to feel good.
Laser hair reduction is probably the most universal cosmetic skin procedure. Men and woman of all ages can benefit from laser hair reduction. If you have unwanted dark hairs we can do laser hair reduction on your upper lip, chin, underarms, abdomen, bikini area, legs and back. So I thought I would do a little re-cap overview on laser hair reduction.
1. You can’t get lasered when you have a tan; fake or real. It can cause some unwanted side effects.
2. You have to have dark hair. If the hair is blonde the laser won’t work. The laser targets dark hair and if there is nothing to target, then it simply won’t work. This is also why you can’t wax or pluck two weeks before getting lasered, it needs a target. But don’t fret, you can always shave.
3. It requires 4-8 monthly treatments for semi-permanent results.
4. Laser hair reduction of the underarms (we say axillae in the fancy medical world) can also help with excessive sweating.
5. Laser hair reduction can solve the problem of “razor burn” If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it 100 times; an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
6. Think of all that money you will save on razors, shaving cream, aftershave, waxing appointments, threading and all other lotions and potions you use for hair reduction.
7. It makes a great gift. Give it to your guy with a hairy back or who hates his beard and wants it forever gone. Give it to your bridesmaids- it’s the gift that keeps on giving. Honestly, everyone has somewhere they would probably like laser hair reduction.
8. There is no downtime. I can have my upper lip lasered and go see patients 5 minutes later and no one can tell. I might be a little red but it covers with make-up, no biggie.
9. We use numbing cream to make it more comfortable so you really have no excuse not to!
10. The actual procedure only takes a few minutes so it’s easy to schedule it into you’re chaotic life.
Laser hair reduction can be life changing. Upper lip hair used to embarrass me, razor burn hurt and itched. If you or someone you know could benefit from laser hair reduction I highly recommend you call and set up a consultation so we can walk you through any questions and get you and appointment to learn more and be treated, safely!
Thanks to my awesome hair dresser for letting me feel like dancing around all weekend. I hope you let Wallis Dermatology Associates help you feel like you can dance in your own skin with pride. I look forward to getting to know you and getting to know my current people even better.
Lainey Armstrong, Medical Aesthetician